Saturday, January 1, 2011

THE TOP 9 THINGS OF 2010! EAT IT!


Ha ha ha hrrrrr… how low can I fucking get? That’s right, a “TOP whatever-i-wanna-draw-attention-to” list of 2010!!! Why would I do such a thing?
  1. It’s my birthday.
  2. I’m kinda overworked, and this is the easiest online writing wonk I could manage.
  3. If I don’t write it down I might forget some of this.

So hear it is…the TOP 9 random things I wish to mention. Enjoy:

1.Top thing I wish for, that came true: Rain in Socal, Jerry Brown as Gov’ner. 

2.Top book I’ve READ (as opposed to REREAD) this year:
“Angle of Yaw” by: Ben Lerner
 
3.Top favorite artist:
Ryan Trecartin.


4.Top insult directed at me as a person:
Something in Spanish…I’m still not sure what it twas, I’m still working on my Spanish. (tied with being confused for Julian Assange.)
 
5.Top event I kick myself in the ass for missing:
It’s a tie between:

1. Alice Coltrane tribute at Royce Hall featuring: Kyp Malone, Nels Cline, Han Bennik, Flying Lotus, + others

2. Yoko Ono at the Orpheum with special guests: Thurston Moore, Lady Gaga, RZA, Sean Lennon, Yuka Honda, Carrie Fisher, Iggy Pop…and I guess a bunch of other people. 
 
6.Favorite weird-ass kung fu movie watched on Netflix:
“Dressed To Fight”


7.Top most interesting person roaming my neighborhood: No hands man…a guy who has no hands and rants an insane star wars infused military-esque radio conversation about assassinating Frank Zappa.

8.Favorite local radio personality: Henry Rollins. He’s funny and he starts every show by yelling salaam alaikum, and when he doesn’t yell it, and just says it. I feel like it’s gonna be boring, but it isn’t.

9.Most favorite food of the year: Radish.


….oh. Anything important you wanted to mention?
-sure. Top mind-blowing reissued record: The Reactors- “I Want Sex” 7”
…actually anything Last Laugh is putting out.

Top suggested read for ya’ll in the new year: Send.



No comments: