Sunday, October 10, 2010

Plywood Curtains by Jennifer Bolande

I generally like Jennifer Bolande's art work. While the past few years, at least what i've seen, has kinda been on the hit or miss tip for me, I'm always drawn in by her conceptual directions. Love it. Taser F'in Factory. Perfect example is her site-specific Plywood Curtain installations around Los Angeles...Mainly utilizing unused commercial property...I can say as much about the effect as i can about the implied layers of concept, etc. They're beautiful. and apparently will be on view until sometime next year....I spotted the installation at the ICON, and decided to hit up the art reserve site for these images. thanks art reserve...

bigger thanks: http://jbolande.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whoa, that fucking rules. seriously.